How to Be Liked in 2 Easy Steps
When it comes to being liked, looks are rarely enough. And often, the most beautiful of us are also those who lack confidence. Do you love yourself? Do you at least like yourself? Because no one will like you if YOU don’t like yourself.
It’s a though world out there and everybody is doing their best to be the best. And whether you like it or not, every single day of your life is a competition. You have to be better than everybody else. But what sets you apart?
Imagine this: You walk into a store complex to buy gloves. You find 3 pairs that you like, all at the same price, but in different stores. How are you going to choose which pair to buy? In store 1 the salesperson ignored you. In store 2 the salesperson told you the gloves look good on you. In store 3 the sales person said they looked absolutely amazing and complimented your tastes with sincere enthusiasm. Which pair of gloves will you pick?
Now put yourself in the shoes of the salesperson. How would you feel about your product? Are you going to sell it if you’re not crazy about it? Probably not… Will anyone want your product if you couldn’t care less about it? Not likely! Now, how do you feel about yourself? Because, whether you want it or not, you’re put in the position of “selling” yourself every time you interact with somebody. Do you think they will ever like what they see if you don’t?
Step 1: Like yourself!
So, if you’re going to get people to like you, you have to start by liking yourself. I know, that’s tricky. You have to change the way you think about yourself. But you can start by lying to yourself. Yes, that sounds horrible. But if you act like you’re awesome, you’ll eventually start believing it and people will start believing you. You’re smart! And people know that. If you believe you’re a great person they should definitely love, they will trust your judgment!
How to show that you like yourself:
- Don’t be afraid to talk about yourself. You are interesting and it’s their honor to know you.
- Be sure of yourself. You are smart and you know what you’re doing. If you make mistakes, well, that just proves you’re human. Besides, people around will feel better if they see you’re not perfect after all…
- Be happy. You’re amazing, being in your presence is awesome and you can make anyone happy. Even yourself!
- Smile. Smile at people, because you are a warm, friendly person. Even if you’re having a bad day, make the extra effort and smile. After all, you have a strong character and you don’t let anything put you down!
- Learn to take a compliment. Dealing with compliments is not hard if they don’t catch you off guard. The next time someone compliments you just look in their eyes, thank them and make a compliment too. Don’t worry if you blush. I think that’s cute!
- Dress hot. If you feel confident and hot, then be sure that everybody will see you like that!
Step 2: Like others!
This part if all about making people around you feel good. Let’s face it, people are selfish, but if they have a great time with you, you will become like a drug to them. And if you make them feel important and appreciated, they’ll love you forever! They’ll only like you if you like them. And that makes perfect sense, do you like someone who doesn’t like you?
How to make people feel liked:
- Smile at people! Even if you’re not in the mood for anything, make sure your facial expression says: ‘I’m happy to see you!’ This is really important!
- Listen to what people are saying. Would you like to be ignored while you talk? Nod, ask question, be attentive and care about what they are saying!
- Be interested in them. Ask questions about them: ‘How did your meeting go today?’, ‘How’s your wife?’, ‘Are you feeling better today?’. Care and don’t be afraid to show it!
- Answer calls, emails, invitations. There’s nothing worse than waiting for a call for hours. And you know what sucks? Really looking forward to seeing someone and they don’t show up! Don’t pull that kind of stuff!
- Offer to help. Genuinely volunteer your help or at least your advice. I’m not saying you should become a slave, but you should make small gestured to prove that you care: ‘Can I walk you to your car?’, ‘Do you want me to drop off this envelop on my way to work?’, ‘I’m going to grab a coffee. Should I bring you anything?’
- Treat people like you would like to be treated. Think of 3 people you really like and the next time you see them observe how they behave toward you. Notice how they pay attention to you, how important you feel, how they say your name. Observe and learn, my friend!
You did great! I like you already. Make sure you drop a line and tell me that you like me back!