The Salt Water Flush
If you thought that dealing with the hunger of the Master Cleanser Diet would be the worst part, think again! Holding down the salt water concoction is! But it’s also a necessary process that you’ll grow to enjoy once you start seeing the benefits with your own eyes.
What does it do?
The Salt Water Flush cleanses your intestines of all the deposits stored up in there. You drink a mixture of sea salt and water and in the next 2 hours you go #2 four-seven times and completely purify your organism.
How to prepare the salt water mixture:
1.Buy Sea Salt! It’s very important that the salt isn’t iodized. The whole point of the salt is that the body can’t digest it, so it pushes it out quickly along with all the waste it finds on the way. So here’s the problem. Table salt is perfectly digestible! (But if you really can’t find uniodized salt, you can give the normal sea salt a try. I did, and it worked for me.)
2.Mix one liter of water with 1 tablespoon of salt at room temperature. You’ll have to drink the entire thing and then wash it down with some plain water.
3.Wait 20 minutes for the miracle of poop to happen.
4.Don’t leave the house until you’re quite sure that you’re done flushing out everything.
Tips for Salt Water Flush success!
- Try doing the flush in the evening, or just pick a time when you know you won’t have to leave the house the next couple of hours. You wouldn’t want to have any accidents!
- You don’t have to do this daily, but it would be nice if you could. You could also try doing it every 36 hours. If you do it on the first day in the morning, you’ll do it in the evening on the second day, you’ll skip it on the third, and on the fourth day you start over from day 1 by doing the flush in the morning.
- I know salt water is horrible to drink. And a liter is even harder. Especially when you’re on a diet and your stomach has shrunk. What I do to make it easier is drink half a liter of plain water, then a small glass with salt water that’s more concentrated, then the other half a liter of water. I like to get over the salt part faster. Works just as well.
- Use a straw to drink the salt water. If will help you deal with the taste.
- Try drinking the salt water warm. Some people like pretending it’s soup.
- Try adding a few drops of lemon to the salt water mixture. It makes quite a difference.
Read more about the Master Cleanser diet and my experience with it here!