How to Improve Your State of Mind
Step 3: Find the Right Solutions for You
The obvious action to take is getting rid of the underlying cause of discomfort. You know your problems now, so get to work and get rid of them! The color of the walls depresses you? Well repaint the wall! Your weight is making you uncomfortable? Then get of your ass and start working on that body! In my case, I took up more work to give myself the extra challenge. I made a commitment to working out daily without exceptions. And I set higher standards for my articles, and that requires a lot more work and inspiration on my side. I felt that much of the work I do has no meaning, so here’s this blog to help you on your journey towards health and happiness? How’s that for meaningful work? See? I’m good!
The problem is you can’t always find ways to get rid of your problem. I’m not going to move in with someone just because I don’t like living alone! In this case, you have to find compromise solutions. For example, I started living the TV on for background noise. I go out more so I don’t feel as lonely. Having people over surely helps. In an attempt to have a living thing sharing this apartment I bought a plant. A pretty orchid! I would really like to get a dog, but I’m not ready for that commitment. It’s like raising a kid. Without daycare!
Uncovering those solutions is not an easy task. And it’s one you’ll have to do on your own! If some problems are somewhat common, your living situation is certainly unique. Thus, the solutions to your problems are yours and yours alone.
In hopes of helping you to stumble upon some answers, I’ll throw some typical problems and solution ideas at you!
- You hate your job: change jobs; change departments; change your office; rearrange your office; try working on a different project; find what you like about what you’re doing and focus on that area
- You are unhappy with your body: start dieting; start exercising, go shopping and treat yourself to something nice; get a new haircut; enjoy compliments every now and then; you can certainly find a lot of help and ideas with this one on this site!
- You hate your apartment: move somewhere else; repaint the walls and decorate; refurnish; just accessorize a bit and play with colors to give the place a new look
- You feel lonely: spend more time with our friends; focus more on your relationship; give your parents a call
- You’re having trouble sleeping: here’s some material for dealing with insomnia!
- You are clinically depressed: therapy baby, therapy!
Once you have your solutions, get ready to actually get over you problems.