Extreme Diets and Dangerous Weight Loss Tips
The Master Cleanse
This is a fad diet everyone has heard about. The Master Cleanse is also known as the Lemon Cleanse or the Maple Syrup Diet. It lasts for a minimum of 10 days (some do it for 45 days!) during which you only drink lemonade made with water, fresh lemon, maple syrup and Cayenne pepper. No solid foods are allowed!
This diet claims to cleanse the body of toxins, cure ulcers, remove cravings associated with alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and even fast food!
Weigh loss? At least a pound per day!
Heath effects: On the short term, you will experience horrible headaches. You will feel like shit! This diet is somewhat better than a water fast, because it does provide some essential vitamins. However, it doesn’t provide the necessary macronutrients and, on the long term, it can damage the vital organs!
Other tricks used for rapid weight loss
• Chewing gum when feeling hungry
• Drinking lots of water when feeling hungry
• Intentionally staying in the cold (to burn more calories)
• Alternating hot and cold water while taking a shower (also to shock the body into burning more calories)
• Eating cotton (Please, please, please don’t even think about trying this!)
• Chewing and spitting food
• Drinking vinegar (This can lead to serious stomach problems!)
• Drinking lots of coffee (to burn more calories)
• Taking large amounts of laxatives
• Drinking sugar free energizer drinks (again, to burn more calories)
• Working out to the point of exhaustion
• Calorie restriction to as little as 100 calories per day
Effects of extreme dieting
• Loss of muscle mass
• Being underweight (but not necessarily!)
• Appearance of loose skin
• Hair falling out
• Weak immune system
• More bruises
• Loss of menstrual period for more than 3 months
• Dry, flaky skin
• Brittle nails
• Stress on the kidneys and other vital organs
If you want extreme results and you’re willing to take any road to get there, then be prepared for the consequences.
Feel free to leave any questions and suggestions. Even so more extreme diets for me to investigate!