Tips To Get Motivated
It’s admirable that you want to commit yourself to eating better, exercising every day, taking a new class. But what really makes you stick to that commitment is your will!
You look at your friend and ask yourself how she can stick to this diet… How can she get up every morning to go jogging? Well, don’t give yourself a hard time over this. It doesn’t mean she has a stronger will than you. She is just better at motivating herself.
No matter what you decide to do and how hard it is to stick to your commitment there are a few things you can do to make sure you stay focused:
- Set you goals. A clearly define goal will help you stay on track. You must know what you want before you work towards achieving it.
- Taste success! Imagine yourself getting to that finish line. How does it feel? Do you feel a sense of pride? Do your friends appreciate you for what you accomplished and for your determination? Has your self-image improved? Is your life somewhat better? How good does it feel? Now taste that feeling and go out and fight for it!
- Don’t get down! If you’re going through a hard time, take a deep breath and find your strength and reasoning again. Never give up! Don’t be discouraged by any set back. If the road is longer, then you’ll just have to be stronger!
- Tricky comparisons… Some believe that comparing yourself with others if a sure way to get unmotivated. A little competition has always worked for me though… I always try to be the best at what I’m doing and that has helped me find the will to work harder over time. What’s important is to not look down on yourself if you aren’t the best. You must understand that everyone is different and as long as you did your best you should be proud of yourself.
- Have fun! Don’t concentrate on how hard it, what you need to do or how far you have to go. Enjoy every experience; be thankful for the opportunity to grow! Be proud of yourself for how much you already accomplished and how far you have come.
- Don’t be afraid to take what you deserve! No more need be said here…
- A quick fix! There are days when you just want to make an exception; days when you don’t feel like getting up a little earlier to go for that run or you’re too tired to stay up and finish a project. The trick is to have your own little motivator that empowers you. Tell yourself a short phrase or a word that fills you with the energy to do what you have to. Maybe you can pick a song that lifts you up; a quote that you live by. Personally, I believe I can fly and when I’m discouraged I remind myself that. I remember I need to prove that I can soar. You should also know I’m going to live forever and so far I’ve been doing a great job!
So how about that being able to fly thing? I won’t be jumping out of a plane without a parachute any time soon, but I’m sure that if you stick around, you’ll soon believe I can do anything I put my mind to. You’ll believe me in no time…